Enjoyed by the likes of locals and tourists for its laid back lifestyle and beach culture, Port Stephens is a must visit destination for families. From animal encounters to aquatic experiences and bush walking adventures - there are so many reasons why families are drawn to this little slice of paradise. These are our favourite reasons to travel to Port Stephens with the whole family:
It's Not Far From Home
Located around 200km from bustling Sydney, Port Stephens is just far enough to feel like you've travelled far and wide without the kids losing their patience in the back seat or on the flight. No matter how you've chosen to travel to Port Stephens, you'll instantly feel far from home because of it's laid back vibes.
There's So Much To See & Do
Port Stephens is full of adventures for families of all walks of life. Some of our top picks for an authentic Port Stephens experience include:
- Irukandji Shark and Ray Encounters - An interactive marine conservation centre offering snorkelling and feeding sessions with sharks and rays.
- Moonshadow Cruises - From dolphin to dinner cruises and everything in between there will be something for everyone to enjoy while cruising around the bay.
- Golfing - Port Stephens is home to a number of impressive golf courses including Nelson Bay Golf Club, Horizons Golf Resort & Pacific Dunes.This one is perfect for the dads...
- Bush Walks - Surrounded by the lush bushland of Tomaree National Park, Port Stephens has so many walking trails suitable to any level! Our personal favourite for those who enjoy a little challenge is the Tomaree Head Summit Walk.
- Stockton Sand Dunes - Covering over 4,200 hectares these marvellous sand dunes are some of the longest in the southern hemisphere. There are so many fun adventures to be had on the sand dunes including quad biking, 4WD adventures and even camel riding.
Family Friendly Swimming Spots
Wherever you go in Port Stephens, you are never far from the beach! With over 26 beaches in the area, Port Stephens offers a number of safe family friendly swimming options. Our top beaches for kids and families include:
- Little Beach, ideal for younger children, with a cafe, wharf and playground all close by.
- Shoal Bay Beach, offers stunning views of Tomaree Heads with a gentle surf, perfect for families.
- Fingal Bay Beach, provides a calm surf, has a cafe on site and a great flat bike path.
- Dutchmans Beach, or as the locals call it 'Dutchies Beach', is a great safe swimming beach for kids and families.
Thinking of a family vacation to Port Stephens this summer?! At Winning Holidays we have so many amazing holiday rentals on offer to suit any needs or budgets.
Book your stay or find out more information here:
Posted By port-stephens-accommodation
Port Stephens Accommodation offer waterfront houses that cater for up to ten guests, penthouse apartments with 'Wow' factor, family homes with room for the kids to run, corporate properties with wifi, cosy couples retreats and cheap and cheerful getaways.
Updated : 14th January 2022 | Words : 464 | Views : 462